Philip Hulitar Hospice Center
A special place for your loved one.
The 24-bed Philip Hulitar Hospice Center at 1085 North Main Street in Providence is truly a special place where individuals at the end of life receive compassionate care and are respected and valued. In addition to 24-hour individualized care and emotional support from an exceptional group of clinicians, patients at the Philip Hulitar Hospice Center have access to all of Hope Hospice & Palliative Care Rhode Island's hospice and palliative care services.
Hope Hospice & Palliative Care Rhode Island's Philip Hulitar Hospice Center is the only freestanding inpatient provider of hospice care in Rhode Island. This facility is designed to ensure that individuals with life-limiting illnesses who are not able to return to their own homes feel safe, comfortable and at ease. The inpatient center offers only private rooms, thereby providing patients a more restful stay with fewer intrusions.
The Philip Hulitar Hospice Center is ideal for individuals who:
- Need short-term inpatient care after leaving the hospital to manage symptoms before they return home
- Have been at home, but need short-term inpatient stay to address pain and symptom management issues
- Require a higher level of pain and symptom management than can be achieved at home
- No longer benefit from hospital care, but have a need for care that cannot be met in another setting
- Do not have an adequate family or support system to manage symptoms in the final days of life
For more information about the Philip Hulitar Hospice Center, please call the admissions/referral center at (401) 782-0725.