What Makes Hope Hospice RI Different?
We know you have choices when seeking end-of-life care for yourself or a loved one. You can be assured that Hope Hospice & Palliative Care Rhode Island, formerly known as Home & Hospice Care of Rhode Island, provides quality, compassionate care that helps people maintain their identity, dignity, and freedom from pain and anxiety.
You should know that Hope Hospice & Palliative Care Rhode Island:
- Has served Rhode Islanders for more than 40 years and is a nationally recognized leader in hospice care.
- Was awarded the 2013 and 2014 Hospice Honors award, naming it among the top hospices in the country providing the best patient care.
- Owns and operates the only free-standing hospice inpatient center in the state, the Philip Hulitar Hospice Center in Providence, R.I.
- Is affiliated with Visiting Nurse of HopeHealth, a major home care agency in the state, allowing coordination for home care, hospice and palliative care patients across the region.
- Is affiliated with The Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University, establishing Hope Hospice & Palliative Care Rhode Island as the major teaching affiliate for hospice and palliative care for the school and underscoring our expertise in hospice and palliative medicine.
- Is an education site for The University of Rhode Island's Colleges of Nursing and Nurse Practitioners; Rhode Island Colleges of Nursing and Social Work; Salve Regina University Nursing and Holistic Counseling (Bereavement); St. Joseph's School of Nursing; and New England Technical Institute's Nursing Program.
- Is a local, nonprofit organization that provides care to everyone, regardless of their ability to pay.
- Has physicians on staff who are nationally recognized for their cutting-edge academic research and expertise in hospice and palliative care.
- Has physicians who make home visits and nursing home visits.
- Has nurses and social workers who work 24 hours a day and will respond readily to urgent patient and family needs.
- Has nearly 300 volunteers to provide support to patients and families.
- Offers free consultations to patients and families at any time and wherever they choose.
- Admits patients when it’s convenient for the patient and family, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Will care for patients who live alone.
- Offers a mix of complementary services to patients, including pet therapy, Reiki, hand massage and music therapies in combination with traditional medical therapies.
- Has adopted the highest standards in hospice and palliative care, as validated by its accreditation from the Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP).
- Is dedicated to delivering bereavement support to families above and beyond the required time period after the death of the patient, including a children's two-day bereavement camp for children ages five to 17.
If you would like more information about whether to use Hope Hospice & Palliative Care Rhode Island's services, we suggest you:
- Talk with your physician.
- Ask others who have used our services.
- Contact the Alliance for Better Long Term Care at (401) 785-3340.
- Discuss hospice organizations with your hospital, nursing home discharge planner or social worker.
- Ask us about our Family Satisfaction Surveys.